Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brown Couldn't Do Enough For You?

With 66 wins in 2008-09 and 61 wins this season the Cavaliers decide Mike Brown just didn't cut it as a coach. I mean the Cav's failing yet again in the playoffs couldn't possibly be any of the players fault right? Granted, coaching is a critical factor in any teams post season success but it is not the only factor. Based on the lackadaisical effort I saw out of Lebron James in that series its really hard for me to place the blame solely on Brown. I mean what else do you want from the guy? Suit up and play 30 minutes a game? If the Cav's wanted to have addition by subtraction to start this off-season they should have released Shaquille O'Neal, not Brown. Shaq is the oldest (and might I add slowest) player in the league at this point we have to face the facts. Shaq is not getting any younger and I doubt that he will suddenly find the fountain of youth if he decides to return for another season. So then why release Brown? And excuse me for asking, but what is trend where a coach wins the coach of the year award only to be fired a year or two later? Do they magically not become legitimate coaches? In my opinion you're either a good coach or you're not, period. You don't suddenly turn into a great coach just as you don't suddenly turn into a bad one. There are certain times where a team goes through a slump or has an off year. This is not the coach's fault basketball fan, this is called life. If every team was on top of their game every year, the Lakers would be the NBA champions for the next 5 years. But thats not going to happen, because not everyone is always on top of their game, even if they won't admit to it. Right now the Cav's just need to focus on one thing: keeping Lebron in Clevland. Lebron also needs to focus on one thing: playin' 100% in every game he plays, especially during the playoffs. Why would you have to be told to get excited for a playoff game man? If he wants to lead by example that he better give a better example or I honestly don't know if he'll ever win a championship. I suppose the Cav's can get another good coach though. I hear that Byron Scott is on the market, oh what a shock, another coach of the year winner who got fired. Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere, Calvin! I don't know much about the Cavs, but I sure enjoyed your writing and your wit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Good thinking, good writing...

    ReplyDelete